Veterans Affairs

You are here: Home » Departments » Veterans Affairs

Veterans, active duty service members, and their dependents may be eligiblefor various educational benefits to help finance their education. Halifax Community College’s Veteran’s Affairs office is here to assist you with any questions you may have.

Steps to claim your education benefits

If you are a U.S. veteran or the spouse or child of a U.S. veteran, then you may be eligible for education benefits through the GI Bill®. Visit the GI Bill® website to determine your eligibility and apply for benefits. Complete the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP) to apply for the VA Education Benefit that will best benefit you. For detailed information of the Chapter benefits, please refer to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (

Veteran Resources

HCC Counseling Center
VA Emergency Mental Health Services

Transitioning from Service
Advice and Resources for Veterans

Succeeding in School
Advice and Resources for Transitioning to Higher Education

Social Isolation
Signs and Resources to Address Social Withdrawal

Contact Information

Dawn Veliky, Registrar/Director of Veterans Affairs

The Registrar's Office is located in Room 326 in the 300 Building.
The office is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.