Registrar's Office

You are here: Home » Departments » Registrar

The Registrar's Office issues official transcripts and processes enrollment verifications and applications for graduation. The Registrar certifies students have fulfilled graduation requirements, assists students through Commencement, processes transfer credit, grades, incompletes and course substitutions.


The Halifax Community College transcript will be furnished upon the written request of the student (Family educational Right and Privacy Act of 1974 - FERPA). There is a $4.00 per copy charge for official curriculum transcripts and a $2.00 per copy charge for unofficial curriculum transcripts. There is no charge for continuing education transcripts. Unofficial transcripts may also be obtained for free through WebAdvisor if you are a current student or have been enrolled within the last year.

No transcript will be sent for students whose financial obligations to Halifax Community College have not been satisfied. Transcripts in the folder from other institutions are property of Halifax Community College and will not be returned to the student or copied and will not be forwarded.

In response to inquiries from the general public, prospective employers, etc., only the following directory information is released without the student's permission:

The student's name, address, telephone, academic classification, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities, dates of attendance, degrees and awards received. Any student who wants to make a request that directory information not be released should contact the College Registrar.


To receive the Associate in applied Science Degree, Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, Associate in General Education, Diploma or Certificate, a student must maintain satisfactory progress in all subjects and a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00. Students must earn a minimum of 25 percent of credit hour requirements at Halifax Community College.

A student in continuous attendance (summer semester excepted) may graduate under the provisions of the catalog in effect on his/her date of entry or he/she has the option of meeting the requirements of a subsequent issue. A student who is not in continuous attendance must graduate under the provisions of the catalog in effect on his/her last re-entry date, or a subsequent issue. Students who request a change of their academic program will be subject to all requirements of the catalog in effect at the time that the program change is approved.

Application for Graduation

Halifax Community College holds one Commencement ceremony at the end of Spring semester. Students who complete requirements in December or the preceding summer are encouraged to participate in the May commencement exercises. Candidates for graduation must submit an Application for Graduation with the Registrar's Office by March 15 of each year. All students are encouraged to submit an application for graduation to the Registrar's Office during the semester in which they intend to complete all program requirements.

Electronic Application
Paper Application (PDF)       
Purchase Cap & Gown

Enrollment/Degree verifications

The National Student Clearinghouse is our authorized agent for providing degree and enrollment verifications.  If you are a lender, an employer or background screening firm requesting this information, please contact the National Student Clearinghouse at:

Phone: 703-742-4200
Fax: 703-742-4239

National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard
Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171

Loan deferments:  Any students who receive loan deferment paperwork from their lending institution need to advise their lenders to go through the National Student Clearinghouse. 

Contact Information

The Registrar's Office is located in Room 326 in the 300 Building.

The office is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Telephone: 252-536-7221 or 252-536-7227

View Final Grades Online

Login into your Web Advisor account.  You will need to select a Term (i.e. Fall 2011; Spring 2012). You can also view your GPA by Term and your full Transcript in this area too. Login into Self-Service.