Roanoke Valley Fitness Interactive Trail (FIT)
What The Roanoke Valley Fitness Interactive Trail (RV FIT) is a 1/6 mile walking trail with 16 workout stations. RV FIT is expected to improve the lives of local residents. HCC is protected by camera surveillance.
Where RV FIT trail is located on the front lawn of the Halifax Community College Campus. The address is 200 College Drive, P.O. Drawer 809 Weldon North Carolina 27890. Less than one mile from the I-95 exit.
When RV FIT is open year round from day light to 9:00 pm.
Who RV FIT is free and available to the public. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- 911 emergency call box available 24 hours a day
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) located in the Dr. Phillip W. Taylor Complex in the visitor's reception area) 252 536-2551. 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- HCC is a tobacco-free campus. All guests are expected to adhere to non-tobacco products guidelines.
- Solar powered lights
- Solar emergency call box
- Brochures and information display case
- Trash cans, and benches.
- Guidelines for use of RV FIT are printed on signage on the trail.
- All guests are expected to adhere to all regulations.
Equipment Equipment and workout stations for multigenerational users---youth to senior citizens provide a balanced workout.Exercise Instructional signage makes it easy for guest to use the equipment. These include:
- Cardiovascular fitness and health
- Muscle strength and endurance
- Core strength, balance and flexibility
Recognition Special thanks to the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust, Halifax Community College Predominantly Black Institutions Formula Grant, Halifax Community College, Healthy Places NC and the Upper Coastal Plains Learning Council for their support.