Home Admissions Catalog Financial Aid Schedules Distance Learning

Financial Aid Programs

Financial Aid Programs

Federal Pell Grant
The Federal Pell Grant, which does not have to be repaid, is a federal program designed to provide financial assistance to undergraduate students who demonstrate a financial need to attend college. The U.S. Department of Education uses a standard formula, established by Congress, to evaluate the information reported on the FAFSA. The formula produces an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number. The Student Aid Report contains the EFC number which determines eligibility.

The Federal Pell Grant award amount depends on the student’s EFC, the student’s cost of attendance, whether the student is full-time or part-time, and whether the student attends school for a full academic year or less. Students must be enrolled in an eligible program consisting of at least 18 credits in length. Students with bachelor’s degrees are not eligible.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant
A Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), which does not have to be repaid, is for undergraduates with exceptional financial need – that is, students with the lowest Expected Family Contributions (EFC’S) – and gives priority to students who receive Federal Pell Grants.

The FSEOG program is a campus-based program administered directly by the Financial Aid Office. The amount of aid awarded depends on the student’s financial need, on the amount of other aid the student receives, and on the availability of funds. Students with bachelor’s degrees are not eligible.

Federal Work-Study
The Federal Work-Study program utilizes federal funds to provide part-time employment for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need to help meet their educational expenses. Students with bachelor’s degrees are eligible. Students who are enrolled at least half-time may work an average of 15 to 20 hours per week. FWS employment is determined by the student’s total financial need, the student’s class schedule, and the student’s academic progress.

Awarded FWS funds are limited to availability of positions, funds, and completion of the entrance interview process. Students are paid each month, and the amount paid is according to the position and number of hours worked.

State Programs

College Foundation of North Carolina, Inc.
Whether you are interested in general information on college costs and requirements, or specific information on scholarships, or a tax-advantaged savings program, this is the place to start: http://www.cfnc.org.

North Carolina Community College Grant (NCCCG)
The North Carolina Community College Grant (NCCCG) is a need-based grant established by the North Carolina Legislation General Assembly. The North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority, through College Foundation, Inc., makes award determinations. The North Carolina Community College Grant provides funds to help meet the educational costs of North Carolina residents attending community colleges. Students with bachelor’s degrees are not eligible.

To be eligible, a student must:
-be admitted to a curriculum program and be enrolled for at least six credit hours per semester;
-be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes;
-enroll for at least six credit hours per semester in a curriculum program;
-have completed and submitted the FAFSA;
-meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements of the institution;
-qualify for the grant based upon a valied valid Expected Family Contribution (EFC) calculation under Federal Methodology and the program’s recognized “required educational expenses” for attending a North Carolina Community College community college; and
-meet all other eligibility requirements for the Federal Pell Grant.
To apply, a student must:
-complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Financial Aid Office’s verification requirements.

North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship
The North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship (ELS) was created by the 2005 General Assembly to provide financial assistance to needy North Carolina resident students attending eligible colleges and universities located within the state of North Carolina. Students with bachelor’s degrees are not eligible.

To be eligible, a student must:
- be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes;
- enroll for at least six credit hours per semester in a curriculum program;
- meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements of the institution.;
- meet all other eligibility requirements for the Federal Pell Grant.
Eligibility is determined based on the same criteria as the Federal Pell Grant with one exception; students not eligible for the Federal Pell Grant with an estimated family contribution of $5000 or less will be eligible for an Education Lottery Scholarship.

To apply, a student must:
- complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Financial Aid Office’s verification requirements.

NC Reach (Child Welfare Postsecondary Support Program)
NC Reach, also known as the Child Welfare Postsecondary Support Program, was established by the 2007 North Carolina General Assembly to provide funding for college students who have either aged out of North Carolina public foster care or whose adoption from North Carolina public foster care was finalized on or after their twelfth birthday.

To be eligible, a student must:
- by age 18 – 25 students who either aged out of North Carolina public foster care or whose adoption was finalized on or after the student’s 12th birthday;
- enroll at either a North Carolina Community College or one of the 16 constituent institutions of The University of North Carolina System, on at least a half time basis;
- be pursuing an undergraduate degree, diploma, or certificate;
- meet the satisfactory academic progress requirements of the institution;
- comply with registration requirements for military service unless they are exempt from registration; and
- may not be in default or owe a refund under any federal or state loan or grant program.
To apply, a student must:
- visit www.ncreach.org
- additional information may be obtained by calling the NC Reach team at (800)585-6112, or by clicking the “Contact Us” on the NC Reach homepage.
Award amounts vary. Benefits are determined based on federal and state grants and scholarships, including the Federal Pell Grant, the Education Training Voucher, and state scholarships such as the North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship which are applied first to the predetermined costs of attendance at the qualifying school. The NC Reach Scholarship will pay up to the balance of the predetermined costs of attendance.

Child Care Grants
Halifax Community College has limited funding through federal and state grant programs to provide students with aid to assist in paying child care expenses. These funds are limited and are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Applications to participate are available through the Financial Aid Office.

Vocational Rehabilitation Financial Assistance
The Vocational Rehabilitation Program is designed individually for students who have a barrier to employment due to a mental or physical disability. As a result of Vocational Rehabilitation services, the student must have reasonable expectations to become gainfully employed.

The amount of the award is based on need and the type of program in which the student is enrolled. It generally pays for tuition and fees; for full or partial books and supplies; and in some cases, for supportive services such as interpreter services, attendant services, and transportation. Once students are approved for this program, their sponsorship is processed through the Cashier’s Office at HCC each semester when the student registers.

Students should contact the Vocational Rehabilitation Office nearest their home or the North Carolina Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services, PO Box 26053, 805 Ruggles Drive, Raleigh, North Carolina 27611-6053 or call (919)733-3364.

Loan Programs

Forgivable Education Loans for Service Program (FELS)
The Forgivable Education Loan for Service was established by the North Carolina General Assembly in 2011 and the first loans available for the 2012-13 academic year. The loan provides financial assistance to qualified students who are committed to working in North Carolina in fields designated as critical employment shortage areas.

To be eligible, a student must:
- be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes;
- at the time of application, present a minimum grade point average (GPA) of: 3.00 for graduating high school students (weighted GPA) or 2.80 for undergraduate students pursuing an associate degree;
- register with the Selective Service System, if required;
- recipients must not be in default, or does not owe a refund, under any federal or State loan or grant program;
- meet the satisfactory academic progress requirements of the institution; and
- be willing to work in NC in a designated critical employment area.
To apply, a student must:
- visit www.cfnc.org for application and deadline.
FELS loan recipients must sign a promissory note that will require them to seek loan forgiveness through employment in an approved position or repay the loan in cash. Loan forgiveness is described in the FELS Rules. Generally, a loan for one academic year will be forgiven for one year of full-time employment. Loans will accrue interest at the rate of 8% per year from the date of the loan disbursement.

The award amount for a diploma and associate degree programs is $3,000 per year. The aggregate maximum loan limit is $6,000.

HCC Scholarships
For a list of scholarships and to apply, click here. To find out how to establish your HCC Scholarship, contact the HCC Foundation at 252-536-7239. The HCC Foundation is a 501(c) (3) organization. All gifts are tax-deductible.

Financial Aid Awards
Students should have their financial aid package completed before registration or come prepared to meet their expenses and pay tuition/fees. If not paid by the last day of registration your schedule will be automatically canceled.

The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to adjust financial aid when an over-award occurs. Students are required to notify the Financial Aid Office if any additional gift aid assistance is received for educational expenses. Furthermore, the Financial Aid Office will void any award if it is determined that the student provided incorrect or false information on the financial aid application. All financial aid awards are subject to change if the information on which they were based changes, federal regulations require a change, or an over-award occurs.

Halifax Community College’s Financial Aid Office adjusts student awards the census date for each class. After the census dates awards are not adjusted unless a “never attended” or a “complete withdrawal” is received from the instructor.

The award letter is based on full-time enrollment for an entire year. Full-time status consists of enrollment in a minimum of 12 credit hours. Three-quarter time status consists of enrollment in 9 to 11 credit hours. Half-time status consists of enrollment in 6 to 8 credit hours. Less than half-time status consists of enrollment in 1 to 5 credit hours. Any changes in enrollment status must be reported to the Financial Aid Office.

Awards will be divided into two payments: fall and spring. Students who were enrolled less than full-time during the fall or spring may have Federal Pell eligibility for the summer term. For example: A student is awarded a full Federal Pell Grant award of $5,550. The student attends full-time in the fall and receives a Federal Pell Grant of $2,775. The student attends half-time in the spring term and receives a Federal Pell Grant award of $1,388. The student will have $1,387 maximum Federal Pell Grant remaining (according to enrollment status) for the summer term. If a student changes enrollment status during the drop/add period or prior to the census date of an enrolled class, then financial aid will be adjusted accordingly.

Financial aid awards cannot be automatically transferred from one college to another. Students must have the results of the FAFSA released to the new college. All documents in the student’s financial aid file are the property of Halifax Community College. In addition, financial aid cannot be utilized simultaneously at two or more colleges.

Programs/Courses Ineligible for Financial Aid
Diploma or certificate programs containing less than eighteen (18) semester hours are not eligible for Federal student aid. Although the Financial Aid Office will make every effort to monitor these programs, it is the responsibility of the student to assure acceptance into a program of at least eighteen (18) semester hours in order to be eligible for federal aid. In addition, students enrolled in Special Studies (T90990), Distance Learning (T90990X), Continuing Education, course for which credit by examination has been received and/or courses being audited by the student are ineligible for financial aid. For a list of ineligible programs a student can contact the Financial Aid Office.

Clock Hour/Credit Hour Conversion
The determination of enrollment status (full, ¾, ½, or less) is, by Federal reguations, different for the following programs of study:
- Licensed Practical Nursing (D45660)
- Welding (D50420)
The determination of enrollment status is different because the programs have one or more courses that cannot be used toward a two-year degree program. Enrollment status determination for the above programs is determined by totaling for each course the clock/ contact hours a student takes each semester. The total hours are then divided by 37.5 to obtain the converted credits. The converted credits are then used to determine the enrollment status. For a list of converted courses, check with the Financial Aid Office.

Return to Title IV Funds Policy
Federal regulations require recalculation of federal financial aid eligibility for students who withdraw, drop out, or are dismissed prior to completing sixty percent (60%) of an academic term. An example of the Return to Title IV Fund calculation is available in the Financial Aid Office.

Recalculation is based on the percent of aid using the following formula: Percent earned = Number of Days Completed Up to the Withdrawal Date – Divided By – The Total number of Days in a Semester/Term. If the calculation results in an overpayment, the student will owe the balance to the College. The student should come by the Financial Aid Office to make payment arrangements on this balance. If the student fails to pay the debt to the College within 45 days of notification, the debt will be reported to the U.S. Department of Education as an overpayment. Federal eligibility is lost until the debt is paid or satisfactory arrangements are made with the U.S. Department of Education. Financial aid students must notify the Financial Aid Office before withdrawing.

Students formally withdrawing from all their classes within the semester must do so through the Registrar’s Office or through their Academic Advisor. A withdrawal is considered formal when the student initiates and signs the drop form.

Return to Title IV calculations are based on the students’ last date of attendance at the institution. If the last date of attendance is unknown the 50% point of the semester will be used.

Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
All financial aid recipients are required to meet satisfactory academic progress guidelines established by Halifax Community College (HCC) pursuant to regulations established by the U.S. Department of Education.

The intent of this policy is to insure that students who are receiving federal and state financial aid are making measurable progress toward completion of a program in a reasonable period of time and a reasonable number of credit hours attempted in their program of study.

Regulations require a student’s progress, for financial aid purposes, to be measured both quantitatively and qualitatively. In addition to a grade point average, students are also required to pass a minimum amount of work to complete their program within the maximum time frame established by the institution. To reasonably measure a student’s academic progress for financial aid purposes toward completion of his/her program, the student’s academic record will be evaluated including credit hours earned at another postsecondary institution and transferred into HCC.

Monitoring Procedures
To receive financial aid, the student must maintain satisfactory academic progress toward an eligible program of study (an eligible program of study consists of 18 or more credit hours). There are three criteria in the Financial Aid Office’s satisfactory academic progress guidelines:

  1. The maximum length of time for which the student may receive financial aid;
  2. The number of credit hours the student must earn; and
  3. The minimum grade point average the student must maintain.

Criteria #1
Federal regulations set the maximum time frame in which a student must complete his/ her educational program in 150% of the normal length of the educational program using the number of credit hours required to earn the academic credential and to compute the 150% rate. An HCC student is not eligible for financial aid when the cumulative number of credit hours attempted (whether or not earned toward the student’s current program of study) is greater than 150%. This is true whether financial aid was received or the student paid for some classes from his/her resources. Once the student reaches the maximum time frame, the student’s eligibility for financial aid ends.

Note: A student’s credits which transfer in from other colleges or universities are counted as attempted. Repeated and/or completed courses (all grades including F, WD, and I) are assessed. Grades that are forgiven based on academic policy are also included.

Criteria #2
The student must earn passing grades in two-thirds (67%) of attempted credit hours (cumulative).

For example:
Basis of Award: Student Must Earn:
12 credit hours (full time) 8 credit hours
6 credit hours (1/2 time) 4 credit hours
3 credit hours (less than 1/2 time) 2 credit hours

The below will be treated as completed coursework and will be taken into consideration when calculating the number of hours completed.
  1. Earned hours/grades (A, A*, B, B*, C, C*, D, CE)
Attempted credit hours include the following whether or not the credit hours were paid by financial aid:
  1. Earned hours/grades (A, A*, B, B*, C, C*, D, CE)
  2. Incomplete grade (I)
  3. A grade of (F), (IP), or a “Withdrawal” (WD, WP, WF) vForgiven grades
Note: For financial aid purposes, a) students cannot receive financial aid for audited classes and audited classes are not counted as hours attempted; b) classes dropped during the drop/add period are excluded from financial aid satisfactory progress determinations; c) when a student enrolls in a class and subsequently switches to another section of the same class, that class is not counted twice when computing the hours attempted.

Criteria #3
A student must maintain a required cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.000 to be eligible to receive financial aid assistance. The financial aid GPA calculation is based on all grades earned, including grades earned in developmental coursework. Please visit the Financial Aid Office for additional information.

Students who withdraw from classes at HCC should understand their withdrawal will affect their eligibility for financial aid as determined by the Satisfactory Academic Progress procedure. Students who withdraw will have difficulty meeting SAP requirements. If a student changes his/her enrollment during the drop/add period or prior to the census date for an enrolled class, then financial aid will be adjusted accordingly. IT IS ALWAYS IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE STUDENT TO CONTACT THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE BEFORE CHANGING PROGRAMS AND/OR WITHDRAWING FROM CLASSES.

Treatment of Developmental Courses
Students accepted into and enrolled in eligible (18 credit hours or more) programs of study may receive financial aid while taking required developmental coursework. However, inclusion of developmental credit hours in enrollment status will be monitored to not exceed 30 cumulative semester hours.

Repeated Courses
Student aid will be awarded and satisfactory progress maintained when a student repeats a course for credit or inclusion in grade point average calculation. Repeated courses will be counted towards a student’s 150% timeframe. When a student repeats a course, the repeated course is included in: a) enrollment status (full, ¾, ½, or less than ½ time) computations; b) financial aid awards; c) 150% calculations; d) GPA calculations; e) 67% calculations.

The minimum credit hour completion requirement and the academic standards are assessed at the end of each term. If a student fails to maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.000 or if the student earns less than 67% of attempted coursework (cumulative), the student is placed on warning for the next term attended. Financial aid may be received during this warning term. Continued eligibility for aid is determined at the end of the warning term.

Any student on warning who fails to make satisfactory academic progress during the warning term is suspended from financial aid for the next semester he or she attends and will not be eligible for financial aid until satisfactory progress is demonstrated. Students cannot receive funds from any Federal or State financial aid program while on financial aid suspension. Awards may be canceled and the student may owe tuition and/or books upon becoming ineligible.

Students who have been reinstated from any suspension status may continue on a probationary status for at least one term.

The College will notify the student of their status. However, it is the student’s responsibility to track his/her progress and not totally rely on the institution’s notification. The suspension for the semester includes second session classes offered during that semester. Students on financial aid suspension are prohibited from using their aid to pay for tuition/fees; however, if the student is eligible to return, the student may pay charges using his/her own funds.

Reestablishing Progress after Suspension
Other than when an appeal is granted for unusual or mitigating circumstances, a student can reestablish eligibility only by taking action that brings the student in compliance with the qualitative and quantitative components of the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy including maximum time frame.

Financial Aid Appeals
A student may appeal the termination of financial aid by completing an appeal application obtained from the Financial Aid Office and indicating in writing: a) reasons why he/she did not achieve minimum standards; b) reasons why his or her eligibility should not be terminated, but reinstated. Appeals must be submitted in writing with supporting documentation explaining any unusual ci

Each appeal will be considered on its merit. Federal law gives some examples where allowances might be made for mitigating circumstances. Reasons may include, for example: personal illness, serious illness or death of an immediate family member, employment changes, divorce, or separation in the student’s immediate family.

The Financial Aid Committee determines if justifiable evidence or extenuating circumstances exist and whether the student may receive financial aid for a specified probationary semester. Satisfactory progress must be demonstrated by the end of the specified probationary semester before further aid can be awarded.

A student suspended for exceeding the maximum hours allowed for degree completion should have an academic advisor submit in writing the remaining hours required for degree completion if extenuating circumstances require the student to exceed the maximum hours limit.

Any student who is reinstated with a “stipulation” is required to meet all reinstatement stipulations in order to have continued eligibility for federal and state aid.

To initiate a financial aid appeal, the student must complete a Financial Aid Appeal application and submit it along with required supporting documentation. This information will need to be submitted to the Financial Aid Office at least ten working days prior to the committee meeting. Appeals after this date will be processed at the next month’s scheduled appeals meeting. The Financial Aid Committee, comprised of staff and faculty, will not review incomplete appeals.

The Financial Aid Committee normally meets the second Wednesday of each month. A student may make a personal appearance at the meeting by making an appointment in the Financial Aid Office. The student will be informed of the committee’s decision within 10 business days after the committee meets. The Financial Aid Committee and/or the Director of Financial Aid decision will be final.

Veterans Affairs
The Registrar/Director of Veterans Affairs at Halifax Community College serves to help assimilate the veteran into the campus community and its environment.

The office provides a myriad of services all designed to assist the veteran in the pursuit of his/her educational objectives.

Assistance first begins by helping the veteran select a program of study which is suitable to his/her aptitudes, interests, and abilities. Veterans who do not possess a high school diploma must obtain a G.E.D. (General Education Development) before they are eligible to receive veteran’s educational benefits.

Students applying for VA benefits must meet admission requirements. Please refer to the admission section of the Halifax Community College catalog.

Once a program has been selected and the veteran has been accepted by the school, the veteran is assisted in completing paper work in order to be certified by the Department

of Veterans Affairs. Prior to being certified, official transcripts from high school and all post secondary training attempted must be submitted and evaluated in order that credit for previous training may be granted where appropriate. Veterans cannot receive financial assistance for a course (s) for which they have previously received credit.

Veterans are responsible for obtaining GED scores from defense agencies (DANTES form); a certified copy of DD 214 (Report of Discharge), and any other relevant military paperwork.

After completing the original application and providing supporting documents, the veteran must be certified by this office. This certification must show complete identifying information, file number, curriculum, previous credit allowed, enrollment period, clock/ credit hour breakdown, and additional information as needed.

Veterans who are experiencing academic difficulties in degree/diploma programs are advised to request tutorial assistance, which is provided free of charge. Veterans whose average falls below HCC’s standard for satisfactory progress are placed on probation. Veterans who fail to make satisfactory progress are terminated for pay purposes.

This office makes referrals to local and state organizations such as the Employment Security Commission, VA County Service Officer, Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Social Services, and Health Department when possible to accommodate special needs of our veterans.

Satisfactory Progress Policy for Veterans
The Veterans Administration regulations require that veterans must maintain “satisfactory progress” in order to continue receiving their educational benefits. The following is a detailed description of the school’s policy concerning "satisfactory progress":

  1. All students are required to have a minimum average of 2.0 for graduation.
  2. When a veteran fails to maintain satisfactory progress, the veteran will be placed on academic probation for the following semester of enrollment.
  3. At the end of a consecutive two-semester probationary period, veterans who do not have the required cumulative grade point average, counting all subjects undertaken from the original enrollment, will have their benefits terminated for unsatisfactory progress. Veterans who have their benefits terminated for unsatisfactory progress must raise their average to the minimum required before being recertified for educational benefits.

What Affects VA Benefits Eligibility The is the responsibility of the veteran to advise the VA Certifying Official regarding program and enrollment changes. Other factors that may create a loss of reduction of benefits are:

  1. Dropping courses;
  2. Taking courses not approved as a part of a regular program of study;
  3. Taking courses previously passed (including by proficiency examination);
  4. Taking courses for which they have previously been awarded transfer credit;
  5. Irregular attendance; and
  6. Being placed on academic probation.

Veterans Adminstration Educational Benefits
1. Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MGIB, also known as Chapter 30) provides up to 36 months of education benefits. This benefit may be used for degree and certificate programs. Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances. Generally, benefits are payable for 10 years following your release from active duty.

2. Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR - also known as Chapter 1606). The MGIB-SR program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard. This benefit may be used for degree and certificate programs. Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances.

3. Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP also known as Chapter 32). VEAP is available if you first entered active duty between January 1, 1977 and June 30, 1985 and you elected to make contributions from your military pay to participate in this education benefit program. Your contributions are matched on a $2 for $1 basis by the Government. This benefit may be used for degree or certificate programs. Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances.

4. Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Programs (DEA also known as Chapter 35). DEA provides education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition, or who died while on active duty or as a result of a service related condition. The program offers up to 45 months of education benefits. These benefits may be used for degree and certificate programs. Remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved under certain circumstances.

5. Chapter 34/30 (Old GI Bill) provides assistance for veterans who have been on active duty since before 1/1/77. (See chapter 30 above).

6. Chapter 31 (VA/VOC Rehab.) provides assistance for Veterans with a minimum 10% service connected disability. See the County Veterans Service Office to apply; then, follow up with HCC’s Register/Director of Veterans Affairs.

7. New education benefit for Activated Reservists — H.R. 4200 authorizing the creation of a new education benefit was signed into law on October 28, 2004. The new benefit also known as (Chapter 1607) makes certain individuals who were activated after September 11, 2001 either eligible for education benefits or eligible for increased benefits. The Department of Defense (DOD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and VA are working on an implementation plan for this new benefit and at this time we are unable to provide more than general information about chapter 1607. See HCC’s Register/Director of Veterans Affairs for more information.

Veterans Telecourse and Distance Learning Policy
All VA students receiving educational benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs will meet the following criteria before enrolling in this type of course:

  1. The veteran must first meet with their curriculum department advisor before registration so that proper information and procedures can be discussed.
  2. A telecourse may be conducted through (1) regularly scheduled TV transmission/cable PBS education programming and/or (2) by video cassette of the PBS transmissions. Other distance learning includes online, blended, hybrid, and information highway.
  3. The veteran must have completed any needed remedial/prerequisite work as determined by the College.
  4. The telecourse must be an integral part of the veteran’s current program.
  5. Veterans taking a telecourse may need to buy a workbook not required for a traditional classroom section.
  6. Veterans enrolled in a course will be evaluated by the assigned faculty in accordance with established grading policies. Veterans will be required to maintain satisfactory progress and to maintain regular contact with the instructor.

Educational Credits

Veteran's Affairs

Links to information about Financial Aid.

Code of Federal Regulations, 34CFR 668.23(a)

Single Audit Public Law 104-156

OMB Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations